When I think about 2015 I think about this classic quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Like most years in my life - the only constant was change itself. It's completely mind-boggling how fast life moves. It's scary, but it's exhilarating and exciting too.
Here are my resolutions from last year and my feedback on each of them:
- Hit the gym at least 4 times per week. So especially since August, I've been diligent about working out regularly. I'd say most weeks I work out 5-6 times. But I switched things up and primarily do at-home workouts - I know how dorky they sound (and are), but this girl has lost 11lbs. since August! It's been really helpful to have these workouts when I travel. I've also become a morning worker outer - whodathunk? I still go to the gym 2/3 times per week to lift, and am constantly doing other acts of fitness - pick up basketball, walking, roller blading, etc.
- Deadlift 150lbs. I did. Once. But I can't say with confidence I could do that right now because I am not lifting quite as frequently or as heavy as before.
- Decrease body fat %. Definitely accomplished this.
- Further clean up my diet - get rid of all the occasional junk, it's just not worth it. Along with my workout regiment, I cleaned up my diet. I adjusted portions drastically, and ate better balanced meals, and less shit. It's not perfect, but I don't want to be a chicken and broc kind of girl either.
- No more Cool Whip. Yes, you read that correctly. I am completely addicted to my ice-cream substitute. Again, it's just not worth it. I am proud to say I totally cut back on my Cool Whip intake, haha.
- Attempt 2-3 cheat meals per week. One for "ritual dinner" (Friday dinner with the girls), and one (or two) for whatever else I feel like. Instead of having a cheat meal quota, I basically just eat sensibly. The exceptions to the rule would be if I'm traveling, am dining for the foodie experience, or am a guest of someone.
- Don't stop. Whoo hoo!
- Continue with Ig and Facebook. Remember Google+. I'll be honest - I treat G+ like the red headed step child. It's like attending a party with nobody there.
- Continue to refuse to be out-hustled. Never.
- Push the envelope (as far as marketing ideas go). Accomplished.
Now here are my goals for 2016:
- Fitness - I really like the at home workouts. They pretty much take away any/all excuses and the portability keeps me on track when I travel. I would like to check out options for a weekly fitness class of sorts (MMA? Hip Hip Dance?) just to do something different for cardio.
- Diet - Like most Americans, the holidays put a slight damper on my diet, but nothing too crazy. So when I get back to Fort Lauderdale (currently in VA visiting for the holidays), I plan to jump back on track.
- Work - Do my thing. And maximize the opportunities I have been given and will continue to get.
- Social - I've recently achieved a much better work/life balance, and really look forward to continuing to enjoy it in 2016.
- Personal - Stick to my guns. I'm surrounded by temptation in any and every form you can and can't imagine. I've made some mistakes, and although I've already moved forward from them, writing them as a goal is a good reminder to be the person my dog thinks I am.
- Travel - San Antonio (ok this one is a gimme b/c it's for a work trip), Key West (maybe for my bday?), NYC, and somewhere in Europe (Iceland? Budapest? Ireland? Barcelona? Italy? To be decided...).
- Photography - I bought an absurd camera, and I'm definitely getting the hang of it but still have a lot to learn!
- DanaChirps - Just keep writing.