The glorious year that was 2014 has come to an end. I would mark it as a mostly positive year, but it was pretty hectic across the board - new job, new friends, dating, etc. The only constant was change itself. But here are my resolutions from last year and my feedback on each of them:
- Do something other than wine-curls for exercise.
- Join Crossfit – Go 2 times/week. Aiming for toned body. Not She-Beast. Sure, I joined Crossfit... for like, two weeks. I didn't care for this particular box so I didn't stick with it. Crossfit is effective, but you have to find the right box for you. However, about two-ish months ago, I joined a gym and hired a personal trainer. I can officially say I'm hooked.
- Do something else 2/week. Rollerblade? Run? Just something. I bought a bicycle, and bike all the time. I typically bike to and from my gym (1.5 miles each way).
- Eat less shit.
- I suppose I can afford to drink more water and less wine/martinis. But I will not be eliminating those! I kicked ass at this one. I guzzle so many waters/La Croix's - it's insane.
- Refrain from consuming SO many processed foods. My weakness lies in the form of all variations of frozen pizza, and popsicles. This will be hard. I cut a lot of that stuff out. Every now and then I'll grab a bag of gummie bears, and I still indulge in Cool Whip. But overall, I've cleaned up my diet.
- Build She-Chirps.
Not too shabby! Here are my 2015 resolutions:
- Hit the gym at least 4 times per week.
- Deadlift 150lbs.
- Decrease body fat %.
- Further clean up my diet - get rid of all the occasional junk, it's just not worth it.
- No more Cool Whip. Yes, you read that correctly. I am completely addicted to my ice-cream substitute. Again, it's just not worth it.
- Attempt 2-3 cheat meals per week. One for "ritual dinner" (Friday dinner with the girls), and one (or two) for whatever else I feel like.
- Don't stop.
- Continue with Ig and Facebook. Remember Google+.
- Continue to refuse to be out-hustled.
- Push the envelope (as far as marketing ideas go).
Bring it, 2015!