Life has been a whirlwind, and therefor my brain feels like it's imploding. Thankfully, it's mostly good things. But life ain't always sunshine and rainbows - though, I do prefer to try to focus on the warm rays, and pot of gold.
Work: You know that song by Rihanna? Yea, that. To say I have a full plate is a hysterical understatement. I have these waves of feeling overwhelmed, but all I can do is my best. I know some of the stress is temporary - the marketing team is both understaffed and new, so we are all trying to make a collective effort to create efficient and manageable processes. I anticipate things getting smoother from an efficiency standpoint over the next 6 months. And luckily, I have one particular project that is my "passion project" that I look forward to working on every chance I can. And even on the tough days, I know I am incredibly lucky to work for the company I work for, and more importantly - the people I work for, doing something (marketing) that I love.
Friends: I'm so glad I have the handful of friends here in South Florida, but man, I've been missing my Virginia friends lately. I know that even if I were back home that they are in such different places in their lives than I am in mine (they all have hubbies and cute ass babies that keep them busy), that I probably wouldn't see them too often. But I do miss being around my friends that truly know me best, they are such incredible people.
Family: I feel like I say this every single time I bring up my family but... I really do have the best family. Unfortunately, I've had a couple different family members facing some not so good things. I hate knowing when my loved ones are hurting, and do my best to show support but it never feels quite like enough. This is where I sometimes wish I were a train ride away from home versus a plane ride. On a lighter note, my parents might be coming down next month or so, which is always a blast. I'm so thankful that I have such a good relationship with my parents. They really are the reason for anything good in my life, as they shaped me to be the person I am, and taught me to make good decisions.
- I started a different workout routine, and was just hating it. So, I switched back to what I was doing before - I feel like I rekindled my love for that regiment. But I'm still glad I tried something new, even if it didn't quite match what I was looking for.
- Bruins have sucked this season. It didn't help that they traded their defense before the season started, but geeze....
- Less than 50 days until my next trip to Europe! I can't wait!
- It would appropriate for me to add a section to the food pyramid strictly for nut butters. I seriously have a problem. Right now my favorite is Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter. OMGosh, it is unreal. (Side note - I do NOT like plain peanut butter, so I am quick to correct when someone is referencing almond butter as peanut butter!).
- Deadpool - hysterical, really enjoyed the movie.
- Batman vs. Superman - I actually enjoyed it. You can definitely tell Zack Snyder made the movie in that "let's cram everything into one movie" kind of way, and I learned of a couple discrepancies when I was talking to one of my friends (hi Sam!) but I didn't catch those details on my own (he's a film and comic guy - so he's basically a superhero specialist, which is why I love talking to him about these movies!). I did see a couple of missed opportunities that I think would have made the film a more powerful. But um, can we all agree that Wonder Woman stole the show?! Hell yes!
- Started a book - "Wild". I'm only a few chapters in. First chapter made me emotional.
- I wish some of my girlfriends saw themselves as I saw them - they don't give themselves enough credit.
- I might take a little trip somewhere at the end of this month. Not sure where or anything yet, but we'll see.
- I've been itching to paint, but haven't... I need to correct that.
- Broke my previous dating record - I've now gone on more than 5 dates with the same guy.
I don't know what it is about putting thoughts into words, but it always somehow helps me reflect and sort my thoughts out, and resets me. But that's enough rambling for one evening.